A Hearty and traditional Mauritian recipe!
Are you looking for a quick and easy meal that is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients? Look no further! A nice mine bouilli Glenryck is the perfect recipe to satisfy your hunger and tantalize your taste buds.
Glenryck pilchard is an excellent low calorie, low carbohydrate food and one of the richest fish protein sources. These small, silver-coloured dudes can be enjoyed as a healthy snack or regular meal due to the various nutrients they contain.
– 1 can of Glenryck Pilchard in tomato sauce (400g)
– 200g of noodles (your preferred type)
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
– 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Olive oil for cooking
– Cherry tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Start by boiling water for the noodles in a large pot. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions until they reach your desired level of tenderness. Once ready, drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Add the sliced red bell pepper to the pan and cook for a few more minutes until it becomes slightly soft.
- Open the can of Glenryck and gently separate the fish chunks from the tomato sauce. Set the sauce aside as we will use it later in the recipe.
- Add the fish chunks to the pan and stir gently to combine with the vegetables. Be careful not to smash the fish while stirring.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste with the diced tomatoes until well combined. Pour this mixture into the pan with the fish and vegetables, stirring carefully to evenly distribute the sauce.
- Sprinkle parsley, salt, and pepper over the mixture, stirring gently to incorporate the seasonings.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend beautifully.
- Finally, pour the reserved tomato sauce from the Glenryck canned fish into the pan, stirring until everything is well combined. Let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes, giving the sauce time to thicken slightly.
- Serve the sauce over a bed of cooked noodles, add the cherry tomatoes as garnish and enjoy a truly comforting and nourishing meal.
This recipe is incredibly versatile, allowing you to experiment with additional ingredients or spices according to your preferences. You can enhance the flavors by adding herbs like cilantro or even incorporate some chopped olives, capers or lemon for an extra tang.
Glenryck mine bouilli is a fantastic option for a quick lunch or dinner. Not only is it satisfying and delicious, but it also provides essential nutrients to keep you fueled and energized throughout the day. Give this recipe a try and let the flavors of the sea transport you to a culinary delight.